Today is Ardbeg Day! It is a day to celebrate all things Ardbeg. But, more exciting is what's happening this coming week in the greater Milwaukee area... Ardbeg's Monsters of Smoke Tour!
If you've never been to an Ardberg Day event, you have no idea what you're missing. Ardbeg puts on one hell of a show and everything is first-class. In the past, when I lived in Florida and Mrs. Whiskeyfellow worked at one of its premier liquor stores, I worked a few Ardbeg Day celebrations. The last for me was the release of Auriverdes in 2014. Since relocating to Wisconsin, these events have been unavailable.
And then, Ardbeg told me they were coming to Wisconsin!
The Monsters of Smoke Tour highlights Wee Beastie and An Oa. I reviewed Wee Beastie back in April. I'm a fan of An Oa (and am shocked that I've not reviewed it, I'll have to fix that). These are both excellent, affordable expressions out of this storied distillery. There are plenty of swag giveaways, bottle engravings, tastings, games, and augmented reality photo opportunities for visitors. You'll know you're at the right place when you see the two oversized all-terrain tactical vehicles named after the two whiskies.
The events last three hours, and you have to be at least 21 to participate. Best of all, they're free!
I'm slated to attend the event at Otto's Wine & Spirits in Menomonie Falls on Saturday, June 12th from 11am to 2pm. The address is N88 W15413 Main Street. Hit me up, I'd love to see you there!
If you can't make that event, here's the entire Milwaukee-land tour schedule:
- June 10th, 11am to 2pm, Olsen's Piggly Wiggly, 6111 W Mequon Rd, Mequon
- June 10th, 4pm to 7pm, Discount Liquor, 919 N Barstow St, Waukesha
- June 11th, 11am to 2pm, Otto's, W63 N157 Washington Ave, Cedarberg
- June 11th, 4pm to 7pm, Discount Liquor, 5031 W Oklahoma Ave, Milwaukee
- June 12th, 11am to 2pm at Otto's in Menomonee Falls
- June 12th, 4pm to 7pm, Aman's Beer & Wine, 262110 W Loomis Rd, Wind Lake
- June 13th, 11am to 2pm, Total Wine, 8700 W Sura Ave, Greenfield
- June 13th, 4pm to 7pm, Total Wine, 17330 W Bluemound Rd, Brookfield
If you live elsewhere and want to see the entire Monsters of Smoke Tour, you can visit the tour's website. Cheers!
Whiskeyfellow encourages you to enjoy your whiskey as you see fit but begs that you do so responsibly.